Be sure to note the following dates and registration information on your calendar so you can keep track of the deadlines:
Final registration deadline: June 30th
Competitor registration fee: $75 (will increase to $80 at 11:59 PM EST on June 23rd)
Guest registration fee: $75 (will increase to $80 at 11:59 PM EST on June 23rd)
Coach registration fee: $45 (if your team is above a 1:10 coach to competitor ratio)
Registration fees cover the cost of tournament entry, participation, Friday lunch and dinner, and Sunday lunch (complimentary breakfast will be provided courtesy of the hotel on Saturday and Sunday morning).
Attendees are requested to bring at least $30 of personal spending money for their own food and snack purchases during the weekend.
To apply for financial aid, please fill out the Financial Aid form and submit it by 11:59 PM EST on June 16th.
Financial aid requests will be evaluated on a rolling basis, and applicants can expect to receive responses starting on June 1st. Competitors that submit an application should not finalize or close their individual or team's registration until a decision is rendered. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com.
Signature & Waiver Forms
Both forms MUST be completed, signed by your guardian, and submitted by 11:59 PM EST on June 30th. Please submit your Transportation Waiver forms to your Regional organizers, and the Student Signature sheets to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Crowne Plaza - Detroit Riverfront [click here to view website]
2 Washington Blvd, Detroit, MI 48226
$73/person for two nights (7/28, 7/29) with four people per room
WiFi and Complementary Breakfast included
Please note that every participating MIST region will be submitting their own group requests for all of their competitors, coaches, and guests. Competitors/parents *cannot* book rooms at the Crowne Plaza on their own through the hotel, or the hotel's website. Please contact your MIST regional organizer team with regards to your individual hotel booking requests.
MIST Nationals 2017 Official Competitor Travel Guide
MIST Nationals 2017 Competitions Information
To access updated competitions prompts for Nationals, click here.
Please read carefully through the following details before registering for Nationals 2017. Competitions will be judged based on the Official MIST Rulebook 2017. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
The competitions listed below are only offered at Regionals, and will NOT be offered at Nationals:
American Sign Language
French Prepared Essay
Early Submission Forms & Deadlines
Due by July 2nd at 11:59 PM EST
Due by July 10th at 11:59 PM EST
Early Competitions can be submitted via the online submission links provided above. If you have any questions regarding competitions and submissions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Coalition Team Registration
We understand your entire team cannot always participate at Nationals, so to ensure you meet the minimum requirement of participants, competitors within the same region may work together, as a coalition team, for any of the following competitions:
– Group Projects (1-6 competitors – note that the minimum has changed to 1 competitor for all group projects for Nationals 2017)
– MIST Quiz Bowl (2-6 competitors)
– Debate (2 competitors)
– Improv (4-6 competitors)
– Basketball (4-10 competitors)
Each coalition team must email email@example.com by 11:59 PM EST on June 30th to approve their coalition team. The email should include the complete list of competitor names, the school name and team name each competitor is registered with, the region they are competing from, and the competition they are competing in, for each coalition team (please follow example below).
Coalition team for Business Venture:
Khadija Mohamed; Kaimuki High School; Team Kaimuki; Hawaii
Leslie Smith; Moanalua High School; Moanalua Koalas; Hawaii
Yahya Khan; Moanalua High School; Moanalua Koalas; Hawaii
Coalition Team Rules
1) All competitors competing on each coalition team must be qualifiers for Nationals 2017 in that competition (placed 1st - 4th in that specific competition or placed 1st - 3rd in Basketball at their Regional Tournament).
– Example: Aisha and Maryam placed 4th in Improv from Moanalua High School, and Laila and Zahra placed 2nd from Kiamuki High School at MIST Hawaii 2017. They can compete in Improv at Nationals 2017 as a coalition team for Improv. Mona and her team placed 6th in Improv, and Ameena did not compete in Improv at Regionals. Neither Mona or Ameena can compete in Improv at Nationals 2017, not even with the coalition team.
2) A maximum of two (2) separate schools may register as a coalition team for the allowed competitions, with the exception of basketball (which may include multiple schools to form a coalition).
3) The coalition team must abide by the minimum/maximum number of competitors defined above.
– Example: MIST Quiz Bowl will still require 2-6 members, but they can come from a max of two (2) schools.
4) Coalition teams will be counted as one team, and as such regular team rules apply for each competition, this includes one unified submission per coalition team.
– Example: Moanalua High School placed 1st in Quiz Bowl and Kiamuki High School placed 2nd in the same competition, but only one competitor from each team is able to come to Nationals. They can compete together to fulfill the minimum for Quiz Bowl (2 competitors).
– Note: For best results in Group Projects, either expand on one team’s project from Regionals or work together on a new project. Group Project outlines/abstracts with a 4-week early submission deadline still require approval.